In previous weeks, I’ve covered three essentials to help you accomplish this, like being authentic, and showing your humanness. And today, it’s all about tailoring the experience to be what your clients and customers desire!
Picture with me, a woman’s clothing & accessories boutique: The products are awesome (that’s a given, of course their customers would want awesome products!) But this particular boutique also has other things that their target customers like: Equally awesome shop décor…plush seating…coffee and goodies to snack on…great service…and much more.
It’s obvious that a lot of care and extra thought went into creating an environment that 1) makes their patrons comfortable + happy; and 2) brings about more sales, more repeat business/customer loyalty, and more word-of-mouth marketing as these happy customers tell their friends about their experience.
No doubt, you’d love to replicate that kind of “tailor-made” experience in your business, right? So follow this three-step formula, to craft the fantastic customer experience your peeps want!
1. Start by asking yourself what you want to accomplish.
Do you want to: Improve the self-esteem of your clients? Increase your sales? Make their day a little easier? Simply have them leave your [site, store, presence] better off than they were before? Educate + enlighten them?
2. Determine what kind of emotions you’ll need to elicit + what effect you need to have, in order to accomplish your goals.
Will you need to make your peeps feel: Happy? Fulfilled? Catered to? Loved & appreciated? Comfortable? At home? Inspired? Excited? Trusting of your biz? Warm & fuzzy?
3. Finally, what actions can you take, changes can you make, to have that desired effect & achieve the outcome you want?
Here are some possibilities to get you started:
- Create mini-resources/learning materials for your peeps to download, free of charge and without opting in to anything.
- Match your visual brand experience to your products/services, to create an enticing ambience and enhance your wares.
- In your web copy, talk to them like they’re a trusted friend or colleague – as opposed to a stranger you’ve never met.
- Change up your free content with new topics or more relevant information, to make it even more useful to your audience.
- Give a scholarship to your e-course, or sell your [other product] on a pay-what-you-can basis.
- Start a daily, weekly, or monthly [interview, freebie, blog, podcast, whatever] series to inspire or educate your customers.
- Give them a special gift, to thank them for being a client, once a year – like on Christmas, or Valentine’s Day.
The world you create (the brand experience), should be a world that your clients love hanging out in! It should be a world that helps them get to know your business, allows them to fall in love with your offerings, and makes them want to keep coming back time and time again.
About Barbara Austin
As the graphic designer & founder of Sweet Dreamz Design, Barbara loves working with women entrepreneurs to brand their businesses. She shares a variety of small business advice and anecdotes here on the blog. Check back every week for new tips, inspirations, and how-to articles, or subscribe to get regular updates in your inbox each week!