2012 is on it’s way out, and if you’re like me, you’re already salivating over the possibilities, opportunities, and awesomeness you hope to seize in 2013. You’ve assessed what went down in the last eleven months, what worked versus what bombed, which things got you further ahead and which held you back, and you’ve begun to plot and plan 2013 with gusto. But wait! Do you have the right resources, the right inspiration, the right people in your court to help you make the most of the coming year?
Take a break from all your feverish planning, and get to know the twelve amazing folks on this list. Each of them made a big impact on my journey in the last year; some in very small ways, and others in huge ways that I can only begin to explain. Use these last 35 days of 2012 to get to know them, and I guarantee that 12 months from now, you’ll be in awe of how far you will have come with their nuggets of wisdom and inspiration propelling you forward.
Meet the Twelve
- Marie Forleo – Watch MarieTV every Tuesday for an amazing kick-in-the-pants to live your best life. She’ll wow you with her take-no-prisoners advice, as she’s done for me on numerous occasions.
- Danielle LaPorte – This chick is brilliant! I’m only a few chapters into her amazing book The Fire Starter Sessions, and I’ve already been forever changed.
- Derek Halpern – If you have a website (and surely you do?), Derek is your go-to guy for learning how to get more traffic to your site, and how to convert that traffic into leads and sales. Check out this super-juicy MarieTV interview with Derek (oh, it’s GOOD!).
- Liz Lockard – If trying to use Google Analytics has you confused and frustrated, look to Liz for help. She breaks it down into simple steps, and not just look-at-how-many-visitors-you-got-last-month stuff, but juicy tips like how to determine which traffic sources are getting you the most leads, so you can do more of what works and less of what doesn’t.
- Alexandra Franzen – Her writing is unapologetic, full of spunk, and super-inspiring. The nuggets of wisdom she doles out are not only super-helpful, but also supremely entertaining. Of all the lists I’m subscribed to, I look forward to Alexandra’s e-mails the most.
- Selena Soo – She’s the super-connected PR whiz behind S2 Groupe, and like Alexandra above, Selena doles out some insane wisdom via her mailing list, in the form of creative PR & marketing tips.
- Alexis Sclamberg – She’s totally inspirational, with a girl-next-door/I’ve-been-there quality. Alexis is a must-follow, especially for you Gen-Y’ers like me, who are trying to live a fulfilled and happy life doing whatever it is we were meant to do.
- Melissa Stewart – Founder of She Owns It, another awesome blog community for women entrepreneurs. I especially love their conference listings. Melissa is my favorite person to follow on Twitter; she always has something funny or useful, and of all the people whose tweets I share, she’s the one I retweet most often.
- Erika Lyremark – If you want to embrace your inner entrepreneurial diva and take the world by storm, Erika’s The Daily Whip can take you there. Her e-mails are awesome, and although I’ve not taken any of her courses, I hear they’re nothing short of transformational.
- Ramit Sethi – Certainly, we’re in business because we’re passionate about what we do and we want to make a difference. But we also want to make a good living, and Ramit is the person to know for all things money-making & wealth-growing. Seriously, his advice will blow you away and transform the way you think about your earning potential.
- Susan Osborne – The creator of She Builds a Business, Susan should be your go-to gal for getting your business off the ground. I love the free tools she sends out to her list each week, which help me with the planning and brainstorming.
- Laura Roeder – Last, but certainly not least, LKR is a priceless resource for building your online reputation and gaining leads and sales via social media. Her Creating Fame course, which I took last December, was a huge instigator and jumping-off point for everything that I’ve done in the last year (and it was also how I met Liz Lockard, Selena Soo, and Erika Lyremark).
So, open your mind, become an eager pupil, and learn all you can from these amazing ladies and gents before 2012 is out. Then kick off your 2013 with verve, and prepare to be amazed as your journey unfolds!
Get my free Know Your Brand worksheet, to clarify your vision and goals for 2013 and beyond:
About Barbara Austin
As the graphic designer & founder of Sweet Dreamz Design, Barbara loves working with women entrepreneurs to brand their businesses. She shares a variety of small business advice and anecdotes here on the blog. Check back every week for new tips, inspirations, and how-to articles, or subscribe to get regular updates in your inbox each week!