Do your prospective customers, website visitors, and other interested parties receive regular e-mails from you with news, advice, sales info, coupons, and such? If yes, awesome, you can disregard this blog article! If not, well, you are missing out on a huge opportunity to reach your customers, fans, and followers through e-mail!
Not convinced that e-mail marketing could help your business? Let me share with you the benefits of building a mailing list:
- You can catch website visitors who are interested in your product or service, but are not ready to buy yet.
- Your prospective customers get to know you, so when a need or opportunity arises, they feel a sense of trust and kinship with you and are more likely to buy from you.
- You get to help your audience by providing useful information (a.k.a. your unique expertise), which only endears them to you more.
- You stay at the forefront of their minds. When your prospects and current customers hear from you on a regular basis, the next time they or their friends need the goods or services you provide, you’ll immediately come to mind as a top choice.
- You can gain insight into your customers’ wants, needs, and/or buying habits (by inviting them to complete surveys, submit feedback, and so forth).
- You can send them updates such as new product releases, sales, and special offers, which can potentially increase your revenue.
Sounds amazing, right? If you’re ready to jump on board, the easiest way to begin is to sign up for MailChimp, the awesome service that powers my newsletter. They even offer a free plan for users with less than 2,000 subscribers! Once you’re set up with them, add an opt-in form to your website or blog, and start building your list. Then it’s up to you to determine how often you’ll send e-mail campaigns, and what type of content you’ll provide. Whatever you send, though, just make sure that it’s valuable to your subscribers, and stays true to your business.
Want cool marketing tips like this to drop in your inbox, say, every Wednesday? Sign up for my weekly newsletter using the form above (top right), or click here for details.
About Barbara Austin
As the graphic designer & founder of Sweet Dreamz Design, Barbara loves working with women entrepreneurs to brand their businesses. She shares a variety of small business advice and anecdotes here on the blog. Check back every week for new tips, inspirations, and how-to articles, or subscribe to get regular updates in your inbox each week!