As a creative problem-solver, I aim to provide design solutions that not only look amazing, but which fit the characteristics, goals, and target audience of your business. In order to accomplish this, I need solid information about your company, it’s goals, and target audience.
When working with me (or any other designer, for that matter), your answers to these questions will help me to create the best possible design solution for your company:
- What does your business do? What unique value do you provide to your customers/clients?
- What differentiates you from your competitors?
- What is the personality of your business? Is it formal and trustworthy, warm and friendly, modern and fun?
- Who is your target audience? Who does your logo/website/business card/etc. need to speak to, and what message do you want it to send?
- How do you want your company to be perceived? What image do you want to project?
- And perhaps most important of all: What do you hope to gain through this design project? Do you need to re-brand your company’s image to reach a new target audience? Do you want a business card that communicates your company’s unique value? A poster to lure in more customers from down the street? Or a website that is so gorgeous/enticing as to convince prospective customers to give you a try?
About Barbara Austin
As the graphic designer & founder of Sweet Dreamz Design, Barbara loves working with women entrepreneurs to brand their businesses. She shares a variety of small business advice and anecdotes here on the blog. Check back every week for new tips, inspirations, and how-to articles, or subscribe to get regular updates in your inbox each week!